Announcing WeCare, Maine Indian Education New Support Services
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Maine Indian Education and its schools believe that students' well-being plays a crucial role in healthy development. Support for well-being and mental health should be easy to access, and it should be offered before someone is in great need. Maine Indian Education and its schools realize this and are providing this program to support students and their families.
Through WeCare, which is available effective December 1, 2021, webinars, training, and counseling on a variety of topics will be available to you and those close to you, such as your partner or a family member. Any children in your household who are 8 years of age or older can access these services. Support can be provided over the phone or through email, and counseling can be provided at a time and location convenient to you. Our goal is to make services available in a way that works for you when they’re needed. Please keep this resource in mind when you are going through a life-changing event or you simply want to talk with a qualified professional about stressful events, parenting issues, relationships, etc.
For Access Information, please contact your Principal’s Office.
The key benefits include:
- WeCare Website
- No cost to you.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. At any time of the day or night, weekends, and over holidays, you will be able to speak with one of our professionals.
- You have access to 5 counseling sessions per issue, per year.
- Global Wellbeing Questionnaire (GWQ)
- Confidential. Maine Indian Education will receive statistics on the number of people using the service and the issues that were raised. However, no personal, identifying information will be disclosed. No one at Maine Indian Education will know that you have called unless you choose to disclose this.
- Independent, impartial source of support. This resource is completely independent and does not represent any organization, including Maine Indian Education.
WeCare can provide support on a wide range of work and personal issues. Some examples include:
- Improving relationships
- Couples’ support
- Managing stress
- Managing life changes
- Career success
- Surviving the loss of a loved one
- Managing workplace pressure
- Improving esteem and confidence
- Referrals to local financial or legal resources
- Pursuing personal interests
- Maintaining physical health
In addition to contacting the service via telephone, you can also access information and support via texting, emailing, and online chat. Please visit the website for additional information about how to contact the service. The healthier we are, the better we can be for our families, our friends, and our community.
Dr. Reza Namin